The following individuals have indicated the desire to participate in the Sturgis, KY project June 2-13, 2014:
Rick & Dianne Balmer – RV
Joe & Fae Wilson – RV
Fred & Evelyn Sellers
Ron & Deb Boyer – RV
Carl & Maxine Brandt – RV ?
John & Ruth Williams – RV
Dennis & Sandy Gooding – RV
Tom & Betty Amos – RV
Terry & Carol Scott
Don & Addie Petersen – RV
Hugh & Carol Lee (maybe)
Sure need to hear from the rest of you!!! Please let us know ASAP!
- Dates: June 2-13, 2014
- Address: 712 North Adams, Sturgis, KY
- Contact person: Rodney Raymond (270)285-3248
The church will provide 3 meals a day and housing in church members’ homes. The church has a 3 bedroom log guest house with one bath for our use.
4. RV parking will be at the fairgrounds which is 2 miles away. They have water & electric but no sewer but we will use the honey wagon.
5. They have two or three forklifts, 2 cranes, scissor lifts,
6. Directions: Those coming from the west on I-44 can access I-64 near the arch at St. Louis. You will need to go almost across Illinois before heading south at the 110 exit. Sturgis is about 1 hour SW of Evansville, IN.
The folks are ready and anxious to provide everything we need to make this a successful and delightful project. They will provide a tent for snacks and rest.
This is a LARGE project and we NEED ALL hands on deck.
This promises to be a fun and delightful project. I’ve heard their are some beautiful lakes nearby (but you didn’t hear me say that!) Please email or phone Fae to let her know if you are thinking about attending.
We had the privilege of meeting and working with 1 lady (Julia) and two of her friends from the Sturgis’ church last week while working on a project across the border in Mexico building a house for the poor with Rick & Dianne Balmer & The Carpenter’s Crew.
In His Service,